Along with Jonathan Fitchew CEO of Pareto Law I talked today at a Founders for Schools session at Newall Green High School for year 10’s studying computing. Very impressed with the quality of questions once we got going like:
- who does alerts based on energy monitoring work if gran doesn’t have cup of tea every day?
- if Howz says that something is wrong who can the user call to investigate?
- how did you get into coding?
- how easy is it for someone with Parkinson’s disease to use a mobile?
- what if someone deliberately puts incorrect data into the COPD app?
- are you at risk from a denial of service attack?
It intrigued me that a lot of the questions were about things that could go wrong. Thinking like engineers. We will look out for them when they come for a school visit to the Sharp Project in June.