Louise and I had a fantastic day on Wednesday at the Pitch@Palace event at Imperial College. Howz had already got through a preliminary round to reach the ‘Bootcamp’ stage of this competition run and attended by HRH Duke of York.
The competition ‘Pitch@Palace’ takes place twice a year at St. James’s Palace and between 12 and 15 UK Entrepreneurs pitch to an audience of around 300 CEOs, Angels, Mentors, and key Business Partners. The Entrepreneurs that pitch at St. James’s Palace are selected by a panel of Judges from a group of 42 Entrepreneurs who attend Bootcamp.
We had 3 minutes to pitch Howz and was told in advance that we would be scored on four questions:
- Team’s ability to execute an idea
- Potentially disruptive business concept
- Overall commercial potential
- Social impact potential
Entrepreneurs were also only allowed to have one slide and after much discussion we came up with this one here
What did we learn from Bootcamp?
- Condensing everything into 3 minutes and 1 slide is an incredibly useful discipline
- Some points about Howz that we need to address more clearly next time
- Insights from watching other Entrepreneurs tell their stories
We were delighted that Howz was one of 15 selected to pitch at St James’s Palace on the 2nd November. It was a fantastic day with lots of support and advice provided to help us develop our pitch and build the story around Howz.